I have had another crack at press-moulding some plates at the Kiln Rooms.
This time, I tried to add some texture to the surface with a lovely wooden Rajasthani dye stamp. The images are half-emerged, which I quite like.
They were bisque fired at 1250 degrees, and then glazed with a lovely ivory satin gloss and a flecked green.
The glazes have come up fairly unevenly, but overall I like the effect.
Lastly, I had an experiment in hand-building a plant pot. Naturally, I was impatient so attempted to do this with wet clay and cardboard supports which I duct taped into a rough hexagon and covered with PVA glue in order that they wet clay didn’t adhere and pull apart.
I then did a hasty rose and leaf motif around the upper edge using a silicon fondant mould.